Tim Wilson is a classical liberal public policy analyst and one of Australia’s most challenging opinion leaders drawing on strong philosophical principles, backed up with evidence while maintaining a real-world edge. Passionate. Controversial. Fearless. He’s not afraid to be outspoken in offering an optimistic solutions-focused perspective on local and international issues that gets people engaging and talking.
If you would like Mr Wilson to be a guest speaker at your event, please contact him at email@example.com. For all other requests, Mr Wilson is represented by Shaun Levin from Profile Talent Management who can be contacted on +61(0)3 8598 7808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International public policy analyst specialising in international trade, health, intellectual property and climate change policy.
- Guest speaker and media commentator on international and Australian public policy.
- Director of Climate Change Policy and the Intellectual Property and Free Trade Unit at the Institute of Public Affairs – the world’s oldest free market think tank.
- Senior Fellow at New York’s Center for Medicine in the Public Interest.
- Recognised by The Australian newspaper as one of the ten emerging leaders of Australian society as part of its 2009 Next 100 series.
- Selected as a News and Public Affairs judge for the 2012 TV Week Logie Awards.
- Australian Leadership Award from the Australian Davos Connection 2010 recipient.
- Fellow of the 2010 Asialink Leaders Program at the University of Melbourne.
- Inaugural participant in the 2011 Australian-ASEAN Emerging Leaders Programme run by ISIS Malaysia, the St James Ethics Centre and Asialink.
- Participant in The Australian newspaper’s 2011 Shaping Our Future: Ideas to Change a Century series on public health financing.
- Participant in the 2010 inaugural ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Taiwan Future Leaders Program.
- Twice-elected President of the Monash University Student Union.
Media and commentary
- Regularly published in print media, including The Australian, the Wall Street Journal Asia and Europe and the Australian Financial Review and newspapers across Australia and the Asia Pacific.
- Appears on Australian and international television and radio.
- Regular radio programs on 2CC, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR & 774.
- Regular guest on New York’s nationally syndicated radio program, the John Batchelor show, with John Batchelor and US editorial board member, Mary Kissel.
- Regular television programs including ABC’s Q&A, The Drum and News Breakfast, Channel Ten’s Bolt Report and Sky News’ The Nation, the Contrarians and Lunchtime Agenda.
- Previously co-hosted ABC News 24 TV’s Snapshot segment.
- Regularly contributes to journals and books and speaks at conferences.
- Currently completing a Graduate Diploma of Energy and the Environment (Climate Science and Global Warming) at Perth’s Murdoch University.
- Completed specialist executive education on intellectual property, diplomacy and global public health in a joint program of New Jersey’s Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology at Seton Law School and Geneva’s Institut de Hautes Études Internationales et du Développment.
- Completed specialist executive education on global public health policy and diplomacy in a joint program of Geneva’s Institut de Hautes Études Internationales et du Développment and the World Health Organisation.
- Completed specialist executive education on intellectual property at the World Intellectual Property Organisation’s Worldwide Academy.
- Studied the WTO, International Trade and Development at Geneva’s Institut de Hautes Études Internationales et du Développment.
- Trained carbon accountant from Swinburne.
- Completed a Masters of Diplomacy and Trade (International Trade) from the Monash Graduate School of Business.
- Completed a Bachelor of Arts (Policy Studies) from Monash University.
- Completed a Diploma of Business.
Board and professional service
- Current Board Director of Alfred Health (Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham hospitals) .
- Current member of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency’s Victorian Board for Nursing and Midwifery.
- Current member of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s IP industry consultative group.
- Previous Member of the Council of Monash University (Australia’s largest University with campuses in Australia, Malaysia, South Africa, Italy and the United Kingdom).
- Previous appointed member of the Steering Committee of the Sydney Opera House’s Festival of Dangerous Ideas.
- Previous Board Director of Monyx (Food and retail services company).
- Previous Chairman and Board member of the Monash University Student Union Pty Ltd.
- Worked in international development across South East Asia.
- Delivered Australia’s 2006 logistical and policy aid program to help the Vietnamese government host APEC.
- Trade, Intellectual Property and Environment policy Consultant.
- Advised State and Federal Parliamentarians.
- Member of the Fawkner Park Tennis Club, Melbourne Cricket Club, Melbourne Football Club, Mont Pelerin Society, Museum of Modern Art (New York), the National Gallery of Victoria, RACV Club, Royal Brighton Yacht Club and the Tate Modern (London).
- Enjoys walking, running and bike riding.
- Mr Wilson is represented by Shaun Levin from Profile Talent Management, +61(0)3 8598 7808 or email@example.com.